Thread: Trout Fishing below Hoover Dam? Willow beach? Soft baits?

colby

Trout Fishing below Hoover Dam? Willow beach? Soft baits?

Are there any trout (of any manageable size) below the dam? We fished Lee’s Ferry & had a blast. And I was curious if there was a chance that there were trout to catch from Willow beach on up. I know the strippers went over the dam in ‘87 (?) & ate a lot of trout I wonder if they ate them all! Has anyone tried for big brown trout with one of those soft giant rainbow trout (stripper) lures? They look so real I cleaned one by mistake & put it in the smoker. It turned out pretty good!
    Thanks
    Colby

There must be a few trout there. Just about the only trout I saw were being eaten by large stripers as soon as they left the hatchery boat. LOL

Where I was fishing it didn't look anything like Lees Ferry. More like a lake... Much deeper, wider and slower... and not the beautiful canyons until you get way up close to the dam.

And that's when you throw the 10" rainbow trout swimbait and hold on for those huge stripers.
    "I don't care how or what you hunt or fish, I'm the outdoor equal opportunist"